Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Summertime in the FLL

Man, for $89 each way, Chris and I packed in a lot of good times in Fort Lauderdale this past weekend. The Axis of Evil, once reunited, trundled round to lots of our old haunts and some new places as well -- Fat Tuesday's, the Floridian, Giorgio's, Jack's, Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor, Woody's... there was even an excellent gourmet steak dinner provided by Señor Rob. We didn't make it to Hamburger Mary's, Cheeburger Cheeburger, or the Rascal House deli because we ran out of time.

The only pictures we really took were of the afternoon spent sweating and drinking out by the river. As it should be. The rest of the time, one can't mess around with a camera. One had better stay the hell on top of the conversation, or else you'll miss something that could become an AofE joke for years to come. For example:

  • Crust of the earth
  • Molas
  • Meow more than ever
  • Gavian
  • Look, darling! Savages!
  • I hope you crash and die
  • Knit me a golly

So there you have it. I can't relate most of the great conversations that evolved over the weekend, but that's mostly because I can't legally reveal how evil we truly are. You would likely be sickened, and I don't want to do that to you. Just be glad that I've found my own kind.

I can't think of any more relevant stories just now, but that's because I'm still exhausted from all that humidity and digestion. More later, maybe.


Bring me another beer, bitches!

I think I was wrangling a chip into my mouth, or maybe I just look like that normally.

Mmmm... vodka tonic.

Here's the latest addition, Tundra the westie. I hate small yapper type dogs, but she's super cute and I don't hate her at all.

Rob. El mysterioso.

Update: DING!

No comments: