Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Funundrum: Offending Internationally Since 2005

I can't believe it. Someone just left a comment, in Spanish, on my "we're going to Peru" post that is incredibly patronizing coming from someone I've never met. I'm so offended that I'll post a response to this individual as soon as I have time to properly conjugate my rage.

So, here it is:

xabepa said...
2 cosas.El bidet sirve para lavarse las partes impudicas. Esto quiza sea nuevo para ustedes, pero lo raro seria para nosotros ir al baño y no tener como lavarnos adecuadamente. Lo que se dice una cuestion de higiene.

Con respecto a los desayunos, creo que la palabra correcta no era "desayuno apropiado" sino "desayuno igual a".No comemos huevos ni salchicas por la mañana. Comemos mas liviano....porque trabajamos luego de desayunar.
Lamento que en lugar de contar las cosas buenas o interesantes que hayas visto en tus
viajes solo escribas cosas "chistosas?".En fin.......Saludos desde Argentina


Xabepapd: sorry I don´t speak English...por eso no viajo para ahi...Me
estas jodiendo??? juaaa


Roughly translated, she (I think) is saying:

Two things. The bidet serves to wash your nasty bits. I know this concept is new to you, but it's rare for us to use the bathroom and not properly wash. It's a question of hygiene.

With respect to breakfast, I believe that the correct word isn't "proper breakfast" so much as "similar breakfast." We don't eat eggs and sausages for breakfast. We eat lightly because we (work instead of?) eating breakfast.

It's a pity that instead of talking about the interesting or good things you saw on your trip, you only joke about the funny stuff. Regards from Argentina.


.....Sorry I don't speak English, that's why I don't travel there [to America].

For someone who doesn't speak English, she certainly had some opinions about the tone of my post and my impressions of her country. I'm enfuego, people. Enfuego. If any of you out there have some choice Spanish phrases to add to my big heaping pile of retort, I welcome you to post them.

No comments: