Monday, August 07, 2006

Be vewy, vewy quiet.

Last week, I had the rare chance to observe and interact with the rarely seen Timothicus travellarus. This shy species seldom advertises his intent to travel to your area, and when discovered, must be handled very gently so as not to frighten him.

Once he found out that I knew he was in Colorado Springs, I calmed him down by gently tossing a few pieces of banana and mango in his direction. He soon trusted me enough to go out to dinner with me and Chris. I'm smoother than Jane Goodall. It didn't hurt that I lived among Timothicus and his kind for several years to acclimate myself to their strange customs.

Here I am with the mythical beast, laughing about a busload of Korean tourists who followed us from the restaurant to the hotel.


No comments: