Friday, April 28, 2006

I smell sitcom!

Chris has saved the day. I was ready to leave yesterday to go interview at the meadery, and when I attempted to open the door that goes to the garage, nothing. The knob did not turn. One might say that it was locked, except the locking mechanism has long been missing from this particular knob. It was just jammed shut.

To recap: I had timed my departure perfectly so that I would arrive to the meadery on time after a 45 minute drive. I was all ready to go. The door was jammed shut, and both of our garage door clickers were inside our respective cars. You couldn't write this, people.

Chris jumped into full-on Man Saves Day mode, gathering up an impressive array of screwdrivers and getting to work. He unscrewed the doorknob. It fell off. He jiggered around with some of the little inside pieces of the latch. They fell off. After about five minutes, he was down to hitting the latch inside the door repeatedly, as hard as possible. Finally, the knob turned and I was off to live my bohemian dream.

Moral of the story, kids? "Don't force it" and "Violence doesn't solve anything" were lies. All lies.

No comments: