Friday, April 21, 2006

The FDA is hopelessly out of touch.

I just read an article about how the FDA is planning on releasing a statement today saying that marijuana advocates should stop trying to legalize the drug for medical use, and instead wait for further scientific review.

They're releasing it today. On 4/21.

Look, FDA. I know you're all old, retired military guys and doctors and stuff, but surely you have college interns. Surely, if you listened to them, one of them would have been able to tell you that releasing an anti-marijuana press release the day after 4/20 simply invites ridicule. Perhaps one of them did. But you, in true stolid old man fashion, just harrumphed to your wives about it on the way to the early-bird special at Polly's Pies.

Now you just look silly.

Hey, I'm all for scientific study, as it's more palatable than a bunch of dropouts trying to tell me that hemp has approximately 7434 uses and that to wipe my ass, clothe my body, or consume any other substance is so bourgeoisie that I should be ashamed. But seriously, if you're trying to get people's attention about the most widely-used illegal substance in America, perhaps it's wise to play along by the kids' rules for once.

*steps off soapbox* Good day to you, sirs.

No comments: