Monday, April 03, 2006

Childhood goodness.

Chris was unable to come home for lunch on one day last week, and with a limited amount of food in the fridge, I decided to indulge in one of my favorite meals from childhood. Before I started school, I spent some time in the care of a lady named Jean Vanderveen. She was from Holland and everything. Jean ran a daycare out of her home, and took care of kids of all ages. To keep the kids from doing that whole "hey, he got 2 hot dogs and I only got one" thing, she devised something called simply Hot Dogs Jean Style.

Cook hot dogs like normal, cut them up into pieces, and put them into a bowl along with pieces of hot dog bun that have been spread with mayo. Squeeze ketchup on the top, eat with a fork, and wonder why you feel like you're five again. Good times.

No comments: