Thursday, April 27, 2006

Do it your way. No, really.

As I was driving home today from the meadery (ask me about my new bohemian lifestyle!) I had on one of the three or four unobtrusive pop/rock stations in Denver. As they came back from commercial, I hear this:

DJ: Hi, and welcome back to YOUR 97.3, the home of the all-request workday! We play what YOU request. Just call in, we'll take your request and play it right away! Hi, who's this?

Listener: Hi, this is Rachael.

DJ: Hey Rachael, what's going on? What can I play for you?

Listener: Can you play [some terrible Nickleback song]?

DJ: Well, listen. We've been getting a lot more requests for the new one from Nickelback, so why don't we play that one instead? Thanks for calling, Rachael.

Listener: Um...okay...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no worry Stinky as moved on to st. mary's school where he has turned into stinky the terrorist and has committed suicide on the transformer outside the school. Last seen dead on sidewalk.
Addendum He was followed by his cousin at 1:30 this afternoon
May they RIP