Monday, April 03, 2006

Attention: I can make things.

As Nathan can attest, I've got a little problem that I like to call "I can make it" disease. Whenever I see something funky but fairly simple in a store, I will inevitably try to convince whoever I'm with that I could make it. If I had the time. And wanted to.

Usually that doesn't work out so hot because I never get around to it. In this case, though, I actually followed through on my threat. The victim in this case was the terrible burgundy plaid nubbly fabric that was upholstering the window valances downstairs. I regret that I do not have a picture of them. Just imagine a La-Z-Boy, and you're pretty close.

With a staple gun and $20 of fabric from the clearance aisle at Jo-Ann's Fabrics, I forced these valances to make a statement. The statement might be "help me," I'm not sure yet. But for right now we think they're kind of neat. The colors show up a little differently in the photo, but you're looking at three various shades of tan/brown, and some bright blue.




Witness the coolest lamp in all of Christendom. I didn't make it, but it's our favorite purchase so far. It functions in both regular and dim and makes us feel like we should be serving our guests cocktail weenies on sticks, buttered rum, and unfiltered cigarettes. Mmmm. Fifties.

The biggest change to our home over the weekend were bitchin' new curtains. But I haven't taken pictures yet, so I'm sure no one will mind the update later.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for something funny to happen to me. Stand by.

No comments: