Thursday, May 26, 2005

Yay! Now I am the master.

Episode III was pretty much everything I expected it to be: the landscapes were fantastic to the point of distracting, the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader (I'm going to start a movement of calling him D Viddy) was super cool, and I found some new animals that I want, starting with the cool dragon-bird thing that Obi-Wan rode around. It can be added to my imaginary menagerie, which currently includes a pair of kookaburras. Kookaburra. Kookaburri. You know, those birds what live in gum trees and make it sound like a jungle.

Anyway, I feel that it's very unfair that Padme had to shoulder the burden of awful dialogue:

  1. "Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo."
  2. "I don't even know you any more."
  3. "You don't have to do this."
I felt like I was watching some sort of goddamn Lifetime movie, Not Without My Sith Lord.

Hey, quick survey: When Obi-Wan cut off Anakin/Vader's remaining natural limbs, did anyone else get the urge to shout, "It's just a flesh wound! Come on, you pansy! I'll bite your legs off!" ...anyone? No?

PS-- "We are Imaginary Menagerie! Are you ready to rock, L.A.???"

No comments: