Monday, May 30, 2005

Mmmm...beach coma.

This is the second day in a row that we've just bummed on the beach, and it's been pretty cool. The only drawback is the same that one must face in any other activity in Pacific Beach-- the people.

My favorite was the woman next to us, talking on her phone to a friend who had just arrived, and was standing on the staircase looking for her:

"Do you see us? I'm holding a Tecate. Look. No. Over here. Turn around. Do you see me holding a Tecate? No. Turn around. No. You're looking the wrong way. Look towards the beach. Do you see the green umbrella? Okay, right behind that, I'm waving my Tecate. Do you see me? Okay, cool, come down here."

Then she hung up, and the punchline kicked in. Another girl asked her who she had been talking to. "Oh, Steve's finally here," she said. "Do you see him? He's up on the stairs. No. Over there. He's wearing a red hat. No, up on the stairs. Look. Do you see him?"

No comments: