Thursday, May 12, 2005

L'Chaim, y'all.

So the other day I was writing this site for a plastic surgeon in Louisville, Kentucky. I shall not mention his name, lest I boost his SEO unintentionally and at no cost to him. Anyway, his current bio information states that his center for plastic surgery is located in the Jewish Hospital Medical Plaza, where he performs most of his surgeries at the Jewish Hospital Medical Center East, and people can stay at the luxurious Jewish Hospital Trager Pavilion.

Soooooooo.... you're saying I can get a kosher meal there if I ask nice?

Brian wanted to know what the Jewish contingent was in the Appalachians. I bring you another installment of ICQ madness, complete with time stamps to indicate a sense of urgency:

[14:44]Brian: Ha! I nearly choked on my antacid! That's brilliant.

[14:44] Elizabeth R.: I thought it was funny. Now, if only "Jewish Hospital"was a keyword phrase... *sigh*

[14:44] Brian: jewish hospital kentucky - I bet that gets a lot of traffic.

[14:46] Elizabeth R.: LOL yeah, absolutely. It feeds right in to all those old yarns about the Appalachian Jews, and their famed feuds.

[14:46] Elizabeth R.: Especially bloody was Feinstein vs. Goldberg, back in'36. Remember?

[14:48] Elizabeth R.: They eventually settled it by intermarrying and deciding to combine their names, but the battle broke out anew when they couldn't agree on Feinberg or Goldstein.

[14:48] Brian: Remember? Why, my grandpa Jed Feinstein started it!

[14:48] Brian: I'm living proof that they settled on "Vargo."

[14:48] Elizabeth R.: LOL

[14:48] Elizabeth R.: To this day, does your family claim that a good matzo ball soup "angries up the blood?"

[14:52] Brian: I'm a little detached from my roots, I'm afeared. Now my family subscribes to the philosophy that microwave matzo ball soup from a can slightly rubs the blood the wrong way. Very big city philosophy.

[14:53] Elizabeth R.: But far less dangerous to the surrounding citizenry. I commend you and yours.

[14:55] Brian: Mazel tov.


So anyway I smell sitcom. I apologize to all of you out there if you're Appalachian, or Jewish, but if you're an Appalachian Jew I can just about guarantee you a 15 minute segment with Terry Gross on Fresh Air.

No comments: