Monday, May 23, 2005

Chancleta.

"...let me know the earliest you can meet - it shouldn't take too long, but, we do want to make sure the comments are clear so that you don't make the few key mistakes again."

Asphinctersayswhat?

I'm being called into the equivalent of the principal's office tomorrow morning, bright and early, to go over what appear to be egregious problems with something I wrote. Granted, most of the edits are completely called for. If you know anything about me, you know that I have no problem being edited, seeing as how this isn't exactly Pulitzer material.

However.

This one of the first things I wrote for this company, and is about three months old. If I hear anything tomorrow that includes the phrases "somewhat clumsy," "unclear" or the like, I will have a few words regarding the training process, or lack thereof. Oh, I hate getting this mad when I don't even know the whole story, but I can't help it. I just hope that tomorrow, I'm not so mad I start crying. Which I do sometimes. More tomorrow as events unfold.

P.S. -- "So you don't make the few mistakes again?" Sounds like somebody could use a good editing, buddy.

Update
It wasn't that bad. Turns out my editor actually had no idea that this was 3 months old. When he was told this interesting fact, it was one of those moments--I'm going to steal a phrase from Terry Pratchett here-- where you watch someone reprogram their face. He had this look of "Oh. Well. Don't I look stupid," which quickly morphed into "However, we will beat meaning into this meeting anyway." Quite determined, that boy.

The best part is that I have, at least in my own estimation, improved a lot in the last three months. So that makes me happy.

No comments: