Sunday, May 22, 2005

Drinking and blogging.

It's like drinking and dialing but not as satisfying. Brian's down for the weekend and we just got back from Hennesseys, where there was a good bar band who liked Zepplin and there was also a lot of whoohis*. I say that because a lot of them looked like they was straight out of Jersey. They was a bunch of skanky-ass Jersey girls. But the band was pretty good. For a cover band. But we're pretty drunk now and I have to get up at like 8. I'd rather stay home with Chris and Brian and go to the beach and drink all day. But instead I am going to drive 100 miles each way to have brunch with my family for late mother's day. Okay. Going to bed now. Ciao bella.


*whoohis = East Coast whores

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and I were hanging out at this coffee house in Escondido 'round about 1991 when a guy got on stage, sat behind the drum kit, and challenged anyone who could play guitar to join him. Brett and I did. After a pretty good version of "Shattered" by the Stones, he started playing the drum beat to Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song." I thought, "why the hell not?" and started playing along. Suddenly I realized that I was going to have to sing the line that you damn well better be a rock god with a voice of thunder and a lion's mane to pull off without looking silly: "Valhalla, I am co-o-oming." Suffice to say, I didn't quite get to live out my rock star fantasy that night, but I got an idea of what Richard Pryor must have felt like onstage during the funniest bits of his club act. Soon, Brett succeeded in driving the rest of the "fans" away with his spot-on interpretation of Yoko Ono's "Don't Worry, Kyoko (Mummy's Only Looking for Her Hand in the Snow)." There were no whoohis in the coffee house that night, as evidenced by the fact that I don't have a scar on my forehead from the stiletto that certainly would have been thrown my way while I was trying to mimic Robert Plant's mighty wail. (Did hit those notes, damn it. Anybody who says I didn't is a filthy, rotten liar.)

Elizabeth said...

That is an amazing story.

Nearly unrelated: I once heard Yoko Ono's voice compared to "an orphanage on fire."