Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Attention.

I love The Killers so much. They are just the best new thing since like, Pulp. I know, it's been a while. But have you looked at music lately? Only really in the last year or so have important musical factors like "melody" and "lyrics" become somewhat important again. But for most of that time, I was in Florida, where all music is on a 2-year delay. Unless your band falls into my favorite category of Skinny White Guys (Preferably With Accents). Then, you're in an eternal holding pattern. Tim, Nathan, back me up on this. Probably the freshest music we got in the two years that I lived there was "Toxic" by Britney Spears and um, probably some song involving booty.

So now that I'm back in an honest-to-god Blue State, with real music and everything, I feel hopelessly behind, afraid that I'll never be able to close the gap in musical knowledge, especially because I can't bear to tear myself away from NPR to see what else is on the damn radio.

And I've just found out that the Killers are from Las Vegas. They formed while I was living there, which is just proof once more that God hates me. I just want to at least DATE a rock star for a while, is that such a crime? I was stuck going out with 5'6" and that crazy guy who refused to leave his new CD in my car when we went to the Palms for drinks. WTF, people?

The above is in no way intended to ensadden any past or current love interests. It's just stating a fact. I heart rock stars.

And they're opening for U2 on some of their European dates this summer. How much would that show rock? Right, obviously I'm just wallowing now. However, I'm wallowing very comfortably in my beachside backyard. So there's that.

No comments: