Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bad Copy of the Day award

As part of my never-ending search to complete the Checklist of Stuff You Apparently Cannot Have a Wedding Without, I've brought you people some of the more cringingly bizarre and ugly corners of wedding-related websites.

Today's no exception. I was poking around some sites that sell headbands and tiaras, and found one that considers itself to be the J. Peterman of the bridal millinery world.

Ice Crystal Cave

It takes only a single ray of sunlight to illuminate the whole cavern. The light dances from one ice crystal to the next; traveling like electric current through carnival lanterns. It becomes a fairy tale kingdom. You can almost see a procession of heartbreakingly beautiful beings approach a diamond throne. A soft voice echoes with an incantation of love, but it's actually water trickling down through fissures in the ice. The ice could crack, and everything could change in a second. It reminds you of how perilous yet precious any moment in life can be. For this reason, you treasure every beautiful minute, especially the time that you spend with your beloved.

What the hell? Am I getting married to the Wampa from Hoth? I'm not sure what's going on here, but I've included the picture of the (hideous) tiara they're trying to sell with this copy. EVERY SINGLE ONE of their headpieces has a blurb like this. I hate to admit it, but I may spend the rest of the afternoon on their website, reveling in the outrageous ad copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

star wars references are always the funniest and the look on her face makes me think she just ran into the wampa