Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bad Copy of the Day Award

I come across as many of these as I used to, but when I do it's a special treat. Today's BCD award honors bad company mottos everywhere by highlighting that of U.S. Nursing, a nurse staffing company that pleads with potential clients, "Expect more from us."

I understand what they're trying for -- it was probably the most concise way they could say "Expect more from us than you would from other staffing companies, because we can deliver higher quality at a surprisingly reasonable pricepoint." I can see why they would have to cut it down, otherwise they'd have to get larger business cards. But the only time I tell someone "I expect more from you," it's because they've royally screwed up. I'm no marketing expert, but it just seems to me that if your tagline can be taken two ways, and one of them fails to sell your product, it's time to put your thinking caps back on.

1 comment:

erica said...

My company seems to have made it's motto "We outservice the competition".

Now, a) is "outservice" even a word? b) I ain't servicing anyone, no way, no how. Or at least, they better give me a hefty raise first.