Thursday, September 21, 2006

Who would do this?

I know different people find happiness in different ways, but I've never heard of this one before. Often, between Friday and Saturday, we'll get two or three different newspapers thrown in our driveway -- a local paper, the Denver Post, and who knows what else. Now, we don't subscribe to any of these, but they come anyway.

I can't speak for anyone else, but our Fridays and Saturdays are spent in one of two ways -- we're out doing stuff, or we're home doing nothing. Either way, we're not out in our driveway picking up papers. As a result, these two or three newspapers sit on our driveway for up to 36 hours or so.

They don't make it much longer than that, because for some reason, they move themselves to our front stoop. Clearly someone is picking them up, week after week, and putting them in front of our front door. I'm guessing they're irritated that we don't pick them up within instants of their arrival, and they're trying to give us a hint via the ol' clue-by-four.

I wonder how long they'll keep doing it? I like to pretend it's little elves, a la the ones who helped out the Shoemaker.

No comments: