Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mead: It's the new wassail.

Now that we're finally starting to feel like we live in this house, we're somewhat at liberty to go out and do things that don't involve the insides of stores.

Yesterday, we acted on the advice of the internet and went up to Boulder to tour the Redstone Meadery. It's where they make mead. For more information on mead, please refer to the following report written by my 6-year-old alter ego:

Mead is a kind of wine made from honey. Mead is not always made from just
honey. Sometimes they add fruit, spices, or malt to make different kinds of
mead. The lady at the tour was very nice and let us taste all the different
kinds of mead. I liked all of them except the kind made with juniper berries,
because I do not like gin. When I grow up I would like to work at a meadery because you get to talk to people all day and you get to drink on the job.



They even make a few flavors that are carbonated and have a lighter taste, so you can drink more of it without getting stupid. I *heart* mead.



The rest of Boulder was lovely as well. It's still got lots of dirty hippies and such, enough to give it some real character. Since Chris will be going to business school out here, we'll probably be back. I'll be having him pick up bottles of mead on the way home.

No comments: