Monday, March 06, 2006

Hello... House of Phones?

I'm not sure whether doing a blog post based on a comment based on a different blog post is on the wrong side of navel-gazing self-importance, but here goes.

After reading about my run-in with Ms. Nahasapeemapetilan, my dad left a comment about how it reminded him of one of the All-Time Top Five Funniest Things That Has Ever Happened to the Rhein Family. Our cordless phone's battery had died; since it was a special battery, Dad figured that he should call this place called House of Phones as they would probably carry all the spare parts. Since we were all going to go out together and make a four-hour errand of it, we were gathered round the phone to wait for the results from House of Phones. Dad's end of the conversation was priceless:

Hello... House of Phones? Yes, I need a battery for my cordless phone.
....mmm?...
....You don't carry batteries for cordless phones...Who should I call?
...Uh Huh...
...House of Batteries...Uh, thanks.

The story has since become a staple in my own household, and Chris and I chuckle whenever we pass a store called House of Something.

No comments: