Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bad Copy of the Day Award -- Illustration Edition

I sent this to a few of you in an email, but it's too good not to share with the world. From a big, bloated, self-important fertility clinic website, come the following "drawings." I couldn't believe it myself, but here they are, needing no explanation. I would, however, like to know why the doctor couldn't splurge on more than 16 colors of felt tip pen. You can get 'em at the dollar store for like really cheap. And you don't even have to dress up all fancy like you do when you go to Wal-Mart.


The above picture is called "washing hands." Based on the header in the picture, this is apparently some strange ritual that the doctor undertakes before he administers admenotropins. Crazy. Thank god for the drawing, or else we never would have gotten this rare insight into the mysterious world of healthcare.




This is just... no. I'm realizing that the colors are somehow slightly different from those on the website, but I don't think it matters as I assure you that they were just as bizarre in the original. This piece speaks to me on so many levels: the moon boots, the pink clown hair, the Random Science Tool Panel on the wall. For me, the focal point is the Mono-Boob.

The only bad thing about it is that I find the subject's positioning slightly derivative of Michelangelo's Pietà.



This one, and I swear to you that I am not making this up, is called "Cervical Incompetence." The jokes write themselves, folks. Personally I think this fetus is expressing the intense shame of appearing in this website, crudely rendered in Magic Marker.

Update: It has been pointed out to me that "Cervical Incompetence" would make an excellent name for a rock band.

No comments: