Thursday, August 11, 2005

Virgin Atlantic Understands Me.


I know this is what their marketing people want me to think, but I've always somewhat desperately wanted to be as cool as Virgin Atlantic. Until today, I've never had an accurate way to measure up. Fortunately, Virgin provides. Witness the "11 Commandments of a Jetrosexual."

By my estimation, I'm already pulling 9 of 11 possible commandments here. Now, I admit, I don't travel economy to keep myself humble, but I'm sure the means justify the ends.

What's that? Oh. Schipol Airport. In Amsterdam. Because of the sweet reclining sleepy chairs, especially the ones back in the quiet alcove by the chapel. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. My second favorite (second only because it's kind of an evil, dark secret) is Heathrow. It's an awe-inspiring experience, during which you feel as though you're enduring some sort of communal rite of passage, akin to walking on coals at a bad corporate retreat. But better.

Chris' favorite is Burbank, "because you get to feel like the Beatles." Good enough for me.

No comments: