Sunday, August 28, 2005

Most tiring fun weekend ever.

This weekend, I felt that I had to outdo my friends in Florida who were busy enjoying all the hustle, bustle, and adventure that a hurricane brings. So we hit up a Dave Matthews Band show in Chula Vista on Thursday, and followed it up by another one on Saturday in beautiful Carson. We had a fantastic time, and as previously mentioned, partied like rock stars. The tailgating was so extensive that when we came home, Chris had to go out to the garage to "recycle the trunk." Good times, good times.

Now that Summer of Dave 2005 has drawn to a close, there's nothing to do but to look forward to Argentina. We bought our world map today in anticipation. Now that we're regularly going on trips together to other countries, it's about time. The idea is that we get a world map mounted on foamboard, and put pins in places where we've been. Chris gets one color for places he's been, I get another color for places I've been, and we use a third color for places we go together. It's an idea we got from Chris' cousin Becky, and it pretty much kicks ass. The only problem is that I refuse to overpay a framing store to do it, but the only foamboard that I've found is way too small for the map. I'll just have to get creative with an X-acto knife and packing tape, because I'm dying to have this thing up on the wall.

No comments: