Thursday, August 18, 2005

Inconsiderate should not equal reasonable.

I just spent the commute home steeling myself for another admonishing conversation with my inconsiderate neighbors, Jeff and Heidi. They keep putting non-recyclable stuff in the recycling bin, resulting in the recycling truck not taking it away. I went over there to offer to help Jeffty to empty it, so I could point out the large, raised, caps, sans serif print on the bin that outlines what you can and can't recycle. He took all blame and offered to do it by himself. Then he apologized.

How can such inconsiderate idiots be so conciliatory and respectful? It's only when I actually confront them with something -- otherwise, it's banging around and shrieking at 2am. Anyway, I was just rewarded with the sweet, sweet sound of the two of them hefting the bin into the dumpster in the alley.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get them to behave like polite adults without having to remind them once or twice a week.

Key Overheard Quotes:

Jeffty Jeff: "That wasn't so bad."
Heidi: "Now my hands feel all icky."

No comments: