Monday, August 01, 2005

Value-added stalking.

I was on the offramp today, coming home, when this guy totally cut me off. It was that really irritating kind of cutoff too, the one where you've been creeping forward for the last half mile, then, at the last second before the ramp veers off, Mr. Tool cuts in front of you.

He didn't put me in danger of crashing my car or anything, so I completely let it go. A couple of blocks later, as I was turning off the main drag into my neighborhood, I found myself behind him again. Now, I've seen this car before -- I recognize it from the completely retarded license plate that's advertising his useless small business -- and I know he lives very close to me. The beautiful and effortless result of this is that I tailed him for what must have seemed like forever to him. Coincidence = possible stalker.

So anyway, with no additional effort on my part, I managed to freak this guy out, because he passed a perfectly good spot in the area where he usually parks, and instead went around the block.

It is the small things that bring me joy.

No comments: