Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Post #286: In Which I Leave the House

We went downtown last night to see Muse at the Fillmore. Great band, great venue -- the Fillmore used to be a roller skating rink, originally opened in the 20s. Now it can hold about 3,500 people, and is the only other "big" venue in Denver besides the two stadiums. So bands who are too big to play the tiny venues, but not big enough to play the stadium, play the Fillmore.

Muse were (was? depends on what country you're in) fantastic, and it was a nice surprise that The Cloud Room opened for them. Of course, we were two of the four people who even knew who the Cloud Room were, but we rocked out to "Hey Now Now" all the same.

Tonight we're going to see Kenny's band in Colorado Springs. I plan on bringing earplugs and trying not to notice that I'm the oldest person in the room. Well, I won't be. Chris will be there with me.

No comments: