Thursday, July 13, 2006

My future career

I've decided to be a cranky letter writer. That is, I've decided to be a cranky letter writer someday when I don't have anything better to do, in the hopes of getting free crap. It worked once before (ask me about the Taco Bell napkins). Today, I practiced for my future career by penning an angry email to Birds Eye about their bag of broccoli, carrots, and water chestnuts. Normally I don't care about such things, but this was really bad. Below is the picture on the front of the bag, supplied by the Birds Eye website. Then, my letter.


This bag of frozen vegetables advertised "broccoli florets, carrots, and water chestnuts." It even went so far as to proclaim "100% Florets!" to ensure me that I wasn't getting the nasty stem bits of broccoli. The picture on the front of the bag features a picture of a pile of vegetables that appears to be about 60% broccoli.

Well, I sure didn't get any broccoli stems. I also didn't get much broccoli. Out of the entire one pound "Farm Fresh Mixtures" bag, there were six broccoli pieces. Six. The rest was pretty much carrots, with some water chestnuts that may have been thrown in at the last minute.

Now, if I wanted carrots, I would have bought the store-brand bag of frozen carrots. It certainly was cheaper than the Birds Eye product. I just thought you folks might like to hear about this in case your packaging plant has gone a little haywire.

Regards,
Elizabeth Rhein



So there you have it. It's the honest truth -- we were really disappointed at the lack of broccoli in our mixed vegetables. Let's see what Birds Eye does with it. Funundrum will keep you posted.

No comments: