Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dog -- Second Go.

Tomorrow we're going to check out another greyhound -- this time it's a girl named Tilia. Wherever do they come up with these names? I'd love to rename her Tilapia, except for that I don't like fish and tilapia always reminds me of the stench of the lunchroom at CubanCo Cruises. Why the Cuban res agents felt the need to bring in leftovers of a cheap fish that smells nasty to begin with, I'll never know.

Anyway. This dog better be good. She's over an hour's drive away. I had initially asked the lady if we could come out tonight to see her. After a really long pause, she said that her son had... something... a concert... tonight... she thought. Then she called me back and confirmed that tomorrow would be better.

Based on the Brandy Experience, I'm wondering if she's stalling so she has time to get the dog repaired. Like Nathan said, these people tend to understate dogs' flaws. "If they say it's slightly hard of hearing, it probably has no ears."

I wouldn't mind a dog missing bits. It would just make me look like a better person. Take Dominic, here. Who wouldn't love a two-legged dog???

No comments: