Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Personalized Jehovah's Witness Delivery!

Just one more reason that Colorado rocks. Unlike watered-down Jehovah's Witness programs in other states I've lived in, I just received an individual visit from a lovely Filipino couple. I saw their car drive up to my house. They got out and came right up to my door. They were wearing delightfully colorful street clothes, rather than those dour suits found on more cookie-cutter Announcers of Jehovah's Kingdom.

After introducing themselves and asking if I was acquainted with their little organization, I replied that I was, but unfortunately too busy to speak with them at length about God's wonderful purpose for mankind. I lied -- does this mean that I'm in dire need of their good news? Perhaps. But that's not the point here.

After bidding me a good day, they turned around, got back in their car, and drove away. I'm pretty creeped out. I have to go now, so I can check each page of the Watchtower for GPS tracking dots.

No comments: