Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dream time...

For two nights in a row I've had the same dream. It's Chris and I purchasing tickets for a train somewhere in Europe, but I'm not sure where. The little old man behind the counter speaks English, but we're not in the UK. Whatever. Anyway, after we stated our destination the man asked, "And your beverage preference?" We were expected to order our drink (free I hope) before getting on the train, and we were supposed to order by number. After a little fumbling, we figured out the following:
  • 8100 -- cafe con leche (or whatever. I've not had a similar drink in Europe so that's what it is)
  • 8020 -- coffee with a little cream
  • 8000 -- black coffee

I know. They seem a little hung up on the coffee thing. But I was so proud to know the numbers. I got an 8100 and Chris got an 8020. So.

But when I had the dream tonight, it was kind of bizarre. We approached the ticket counter, told the little man where we were going, and he said, "Alright, fine. But I'm sorry, we're out of 8020 for you," gesturing to Chris.

Recurring dreams are one thing, but this one is just weird. Maybe tonight we finally get on the train. Updates as they happen, right here on Funundrum.

No comments: