Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Worst. Local commercial. Ever.

It's Christmas. I'm prepared for a certain amount of crappy senseless product tie-ins. However, I was not prepared for the Liquid Stucco ad. It is quite possibly the worst commercial I have ever seen, including the one for the muffler shop in Fort Lauderdale that also did "brakes and alligment."

Let me set the scene. Liquid Stucco is a product that can be sprayed on the exterior of your home, and is supposedly superior to other stucco type products. The footage is mostly of Liquid Stucco being applied to houses, and the whole commercial is framed in a bright blue "snowflake" theme mat. There are translucent animated snowflakes falling across the screen for the duration of the commercial.

The Liquid Stucco ad excels at its intended purpose: to extol the features and benefits of Liquid Stucco. However, the ad chooses to do this to the tune of "O Christmas Tree." And the lyrics just don't fit. I invite you to sing along, right there at your desk, to get the full impact of the inappropriate nature of their diction.

Oh Liquid Stucco, Oh Liquid Stucco
How I love you, Liquid Stucco

You're waterproof
In times of rain
And fire resistant
In summertime

Oh Liquid Stucco, Oh Liquid Stucco
How I love you, Liquid Stucco

Your 25-year
Warranty
Is head and shoulders above what others
Offer me

Oh Liquid Stucco, Oh Liquid Stucco
How I love you, Liquid Stucco

The Liquid Stucco website has a bad commercial on it, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Christmas version. It will live in my heart forever.

No comments: