Thursday, December 01, 2005

Why does God hate me?

Here it is, December first, and it appears that Jeffty Jeff and Heidi still live next door, with nary a sign of moving boxes, moving-stress-induced tantrums, or anything else remotely moving related. I am crushed. God has made the additional taunting gesture of parking a Budget moving van outside at the curb. But considering that it's the first of the month, it's probably just someone else moving into another apartment around here.

Today is also day 1 of my new position as an assistant editor. Yeah. Life has changed a whole lot, let me tell you. Now, as an assistant editor, I spend my days getting shat upon by sales and whinged at by clients. Completely different from when I was a staff writer. That was more along the lines of getting whinged at by sales and shat upon by clients. A change of pace is completely refreshing and exactly what I needed. To celebrate, I'm going to go out and blow my raise on something crazy like a Kit-Kat.

Aaaaand, there it is. My cranky-meter just hit 11. Goodnight, Gracie.

No comments: