Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Word Vault

I think today marks the beginning in yet another occasional feature. I'm calling this one Word Vault. You know how everyone has at least one song that they hate so much that they'd like to lock it up in the song vault, never to be heard ever again? For me, that song is "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

I am of the opinion that the world needs a Word Vault as well, and I'm going to start it with the word "hubby." You tend to see instances of "hubby" concentrated anywhere on the internet where overweight housewives tend to congregate. The two examples I can think of are Christian message boards and cruise passenger message boards. So really, message boards. Even worse is the corrupted version, "DH," which apparently stands for "dear hubby."

So please, I beg you. Stop the hubby madness.

UPDATE: I am a bad ass. editor. Thanks for the typo alert, Nathan.

No comments: