Thursday, December 08, 2005

ICQ Madness

Do you ever wonder what writers talk about during the day in between coming up with synonyms for "dazzling," "rejuvenating," and "shallow rich old women"?

Here we go, kids. Here's today's installment of ICQ Madness. Just so everyone's well aware, I don't print these to entertain others as much as I do to entertain myself. When I look back on this job and wonder how I wasted entire hours on ICQ, I'd like to be able to remember some of the better nonsense to come out of it.

[09:13] Elizabeth R.: Do the Germans, or Dutch, or any other of those clever language people have a word for the crippling feeling that washes over one when one realizes that one should not have so glibly answered "No" when the question was "Do you want to revert to the saved document?"?
[09:14] Brian: Scheiße
[09:14] Elizabeth R.: LOL Yeah, I think that's the one.
[09:16] Brian: Did you lose much?
[09:17] Elizabeth R.: Technically, no. Just one web page of the evil Matt setup doc.... about 2 word pages of terrible copy that I had corrected and SEO'd anew.
[09:18] Elizabeth R.: "Objects loom larger in soul than actual size."
[09:18] Brian: Well, you and I both know how much work that really was. Crap. I'm sorry.
[09:18] Brian: Well, well, well said.
[09:19] Elizabeth R.: Thank you. I have finished the mourning process and am moving on.
[09:19] Brian: In fact, the first real bit of genius I've encountered this week. Cut and paste and into my "phrases that impressed me" folder it goes.
[09:19] Elizabeth R.: Heh. Thank you.

No comments: