Thursday, July 07, 2005

Hey London.

On behalf of my president and my people, I'm sorry. Maybe if we would have handled this whole thing better, this wouldn't have happened. Then again, there are a lot of nuts in this world, so maybe it would have. But if it helps any, I'm sorry.

And to Nick, Denise, Alex, and Georgie, I just hope you're all okay. You're the coolest people I know in the whole East End. Britain can't stand to lose a mystery writer (thank God you guys don't have to claim Dan Brown). And I can't stand to lose a place to stay in London, because it's one of the most wonderful places I've ever been. And most expensive. But wonderful.

Update: We heard back from the clan, and everyone's fine. Apparently Alex was supposed to go into town with her friends, but she ran late. She would have been on the Central Line, I'm guessing, where the Liverpool St. bomb went off. So here's to procrastination.

No comments: