Thursday, May 03, 2007

I love the 21st century

Please forgive me. I get a bit ranty up in here, but I'm so excited to see the internet being put to its God-given use. Thank you for your patience.

We may not have flying cars, but based on their theoretical energy requirements I don't think I want one anymore anyway. What I do dig about living in the 21st century is when technology catches up to my unreasonably high demands. I'm a proud member of a generation that hates talking to other people. People screw things up, people make me wait, people are surly... so what's the point of talking to someone if I can get the job done via automated phone menu, or better yet, the tubes of the Intarwebs?

Take appointment-making, for example. I wanted to get my eyebrows waxed, something that I've not done since moving to Colorado. I called the salon where I usually get my hair cut and asked about waxing. "We do that," the receptionist told me, "but you'll have to talk to Sandy. Her number is 303..." I interrupted her and told her that I wasn't anywhere that I could write down a phone number. "Well, let me see if she's available." I was put on hold for a while, which would have been all right had this salon abided by my Rules for the Universe. If that would have been the case, I would have been listening to "Girl from Ipanema" rather than unclassifiable Bon Jovi.

Sandy came back on and after a lot of shuffling through her calendar, she told me she didn't have time for me.

My point here is that I just wasted 5 minutes with nothing to show for it. I arrived at my office for the day and remembered that the last time I was downtown, I had seen a waxing place with a cutsey name that had a location near my office. So I checked out the Wax in the City website (I told you it was cutsey) and was able to make an appointment online for the very next day. Within three minutes I had a confirmation number, an appointment time, and the name of the person who would be servicing me.

I can't believe more places don't have something like this available on their website. People, websites can be genuinely useful, not just a lame outdated list of your office hours and advertisements for last year's Christmas specials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard they have tiny horses that ride through the intarw3b tubes bringin' yr mails.

(have you seen I Can Has Cheezeburger? zOMG! I'm so addicted.)

http://icanhascheezburger.com/