Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beside myself

According to television's warm glowing warming glow, Carl's Jr. now has a teriyaki burger complete with a big slice of pineapple, the way teriyaki burgers are meant to be. This is an enormous breakthrough in the field of cheeseburger technology, as I can't think of any other fast food joint that has a teriyaki burger.

I have to wait until Saturday to try this delicious new menu offering because eating cheeseburgers whenever I damn well feel like it disagrees with the concept of fitting into an attractively-sized wedding dress.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of abandoning my wedding cake entirely. You know how now it's trendy at some weddings to do stacks of cupcakes or Krispy Kremes instead of cake? Yeah, well I was thinking of going in a slightly different direction and offering my guests a slice of an In-n-Out 100x100 (pictured -- probably not 100 patties, but close). I think my Southern hemisphere correspondent, Craig, would agree that catering by In-n-Out would be worth the trip for any wedding guest. Just a thought. I would even break down and offer 5 or 6 patties without grilled onions for my weak-stomached guests, though I would have to stop recognizing them socially. Because, seriously. Without grilled onions, a Double Double is just a mind-bendingly good cheeseburger, rather than the heartbreakingly scrumptious taste sensation we all know and love.

Damn, I want a cheeseburger.

4 comments:

erica said...

I was just wondering aloud the other day if anyone had invented a peanut butter and jelly hamburger yet. People around me said "ew", but I think once they tried it they'd love it. It's along the same lines as PB&J&bacon, or those kool-aid pickles. If I had enough interest I might patent it (but I don't!).

Anonymous said...

We went to a wedding about ten years ago in Yorba Linda. The reception was at the Community Center and the In 'n' out catering truck drove up in the parking lot and all the guests filed out and lined up at the truck and received our boxes with double-doubles and potato chips (hot oil for fries being too dicey for a moving vehicle). We went back into the center at the tables and chowed down. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish we had an In-n-Out... Doesn't seem right... *Drool*

Friend of mine did the cup cake thing at her wedding. They also did a similar dinner thing in which there was noodle boxes and up market fish and chips cones (like the frittes cones you get in Belgium)... Very cool. Worked well with the open bar... :-)

Ok back to writing and thoughts of unobtainable foreign food...

Craig. :-)

Fountain of Filth said...

An In-N-Out catered wedding. . . great idea! :)