Sunday, March 18, 2007

Naked is the new clothed

A couple of weeks ago, Chris and I were in Ann Taylor, where I was looking at clothes that I'll be able to afford someday. Chris' attention was piqued by a naked mannequin (womannequin?).

Now, I worked clothing retail long enough to know that someone had probably just bought the dress or whatever right off the dummy. However, I was also a register jockey long enough to know that when one denudes a mannequin, one should probably grab all the accessories as well, lest the nudity look shockingly intentional.

We were back in the mall this weekend, and walking past the Ann Taylor storefront, we saw that they were up to their old tricks.

I'm not sure if it's just lazy employees at this particular store, or if there's a new look in Paris this spring that I just haven't heard about yet. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

erica said...

I'm soooo shocked. I never thought that nudists would actually overthrow Ann Taylor. (Please italicize "actually" in your mind. Thank you.)