Friday, November 17, 2006

Oh, moisture. How I love you.

Today we had the HVAC man come to our house to install a humidifier. He was very nice and I like him very much on account of the fact that he's bringing us the gift of humidity, something sorely lacking in Colorado.

However, I must take exception to the fact that he used, in context, the phrase "Git-r-done."

Under my roof.

I feel somehow dirty and I've spent the better part of the day wondering how to counteract the low-class energy now hovering around the closet where my water heater lives. Perhaps I should light some candles and create a shrine from my Chambers British dictionary, Chicago Style Guide, and Emily Post's Etiquette.

2 comments:

erica said...

Oh god, my coworkers say that and think it's hilarious. It wasn't, even before I knew where it was from. Now I know and it's less hilarious than it's aforementioned non-hilarious-itude. Then again, they listen to country music.

What's even worse-for me, at least- is when they quote the bible not knowing that they're quoting the bible, it's just a catchy phrase that they've heard (i.e., "Ask and you shall receive gloat-gloat-self-important-gloating-gloat.").

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!
I feel the need to wash my hands.

Dad