Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My company has lost it.


I just wanted to take a moment to give each of you an insight into the kind of environment I work in. Since I came from a crappy corporate culture, then no corporate culture, I can imagine that you might think I'm exaggerating the awesome qualities of my new company. Not so, readers. My company really puts everything it has into its employees and community outreach efforts.

For example, we are in the midst of our annual United Way campaign. This year's theme is, somewhat inexplicably, sausage. Don't try to reason that one out, you'll just make your brain hurt. Anyway, to represent this year's United Way sausage theme, we got a mascot named Linc. He's a hot dog. On the day we began the campaign, a guy actually dressed up in a hot dog suit and presided over the sausage-themed sculpture contest.

This is only a little bizarre. What really put the whole thing over the edge was something I noticed last week.

Linc has a cubicle.

I mean, someone trussed up an empty cubicle with pictures of hot dogs, signed pictures of other mascots, and similar items to suggest that an anthropomorphic hot dog actually works for our insurance brokerage. They even put his damn name up in the fancy laser-cut letters that I had to wait weeks for.

It's a little bit scary, but mostly hugely entertaining.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since my working environment gets "crappier" each day, I enjoy hearing that you work in a humor friendly environment. Can you bottle some and send it to Principal Dragon Lady Ortiz-Lopez 7218 S. Pickering Whittier Ca.

erica said...

Ha!

I'm puzzled about the sausage mascot, but that's pretty darn funny.