Monday, November 06, 2006

Funundrum wants to know

Does it seem weird to anyone else for there to be commercials for the WIC* program on a cable channel? A cable channel that is part of a cable package that costs money every month?

Yeah, I thought so too.



*For my international peeps: WIC is a government program that gives food stamps and other assistance to low-income mothers and their children.

Update: I just got this comment from my mom, who works at one of Orange County's welfare offices: "That makes about as much sense as taking a taxi to the welfare office." I do not have much confidence that she's joking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes about as much sense as taking a taxi to the welfare office.

erica said...

That is kinda weird. Then again, I've seen weirder, like people still wearing sandals to the office in November. During flooding.