Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Man, it's like putting on cozy pajamas.

The imminent destruction of the human race has been postponed slightly by yesterday's election results. With the Democrats in charge of the House as well as the Senate, there is a chance that a few things will change around here. I mean, not that great a chance, because they're all still old white political guys, but a greater chance than there was this time last week.

All of that, plus Rumsfeld stepping down? Ladies and gentlemen, Christmas has come early to the great US and A*. Well, it's come for most of us, anyway. Stephen Colbert is none too happy. I took the liberty of transcribing his emotional breakdown from last night's Midterm Midtacular show because it made me giggle:


Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world -- a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags -- where tax-and-spend Democrats take all your hard earned money and use it to buy electric cars for National Public Radio, and teach evolution to illegal immigrants.

OH, AND EVERYBODY'S HIGH!!! WHOO!

Feels good to be a Donkey today, people. Even though I'm not a registered Dem, it works kind of like St. Patrick's Day. Today, everyone is a Democrat. Even you, Mr. President. And there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.


*PS -- Funundrum highly recommends that my under-40 readership see the Borat movie. For my over-40s, consult me on an individual basis to determine whether this film would entertain you or simply cause you to become cranky and restless.

3 comments:

erica said...

I can't believe I had to miss the midterm midtacular because it was past my bedtime! Stupid hours after 10 PM. Or rather, stupid day job.

Anonymous said...

"Happy Days are here again!!! This election was sooooo teachable. What might happen really did and then don't forget about Lieberman. I can't stand him as a person but his actions of "running anyway" when his party didn't want him, just was the perfect example to explain to kids that "yes" anyone can run for office and win. I must go out now and find me some donkey earrings. MomA

Anonymous said...

Your 61 yr. old aunt and 58 yr. old uncle threw caution to the winds and saw saw Borat without your advisement and laughed ourselves silly. We loved it because it was so out there.
Yay for the Dems. It was good to wake up Wed. morning.
The sun more brightly than it has in a long time.