Saturday, May 14, 2011

My mind moves in mysterious ways

Last night, we watched a couple shows on Netflix about the making of various seminal rock albums.  One was Queen's "A Night at the Opera," and the other was U2's "The Joshua Tree." I then proceeded to have the following dream, set in the present day:  someone affiliated with U2 thought it would be hilarious to fill the studio with band member lookalikes representing their various fashions through the decades.

This quickly got out of hand, because when the band walked in the door, the room was filled with risers creaking under the weight of at least 300 men, all grouped into individual U2lets and dressed and coiffed appropriately.  All the albums were represented, as well as costumes from major tours and even videos for most of the singles.  Everyone was singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." The people organizing the stunt quickly realized that there aren't that many true lookalikes out there, so they had resorted to tactics like stuffing a purple stocking cap on a dude who looked like Larry the Cable Guy, and calling it "Zoo TV Edge."

Listen, for a superfan like me, it was a hilarious dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having the aforementioned superfan growing up during my watch, I, too, find this very amusing.

Mom