Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It ain't irony, but it's funny.

For the last few days on Facebook, many of my female acquaintances have been sending around some video advocating that staying out of the sun when you're young is a good thing.  They've all been treating it like Serious Business, using the reverential tones of voice that are usually reserved for other Serious Business such as breast cancer awareness or autism awareness or butthole awareness or anything else that might be haphazardly attached to a 5k/8k Fun Run/Walk For Awareness.

I haven't watched the video, because I'm well aware that sun safety is key to my face not looking like twice-baked roadkill.  Also, I hate participating in Facebook conversations that sound like Serious Business, because they're usually stupid.  So I thought this was funny.  Please note that the highlighted post was posted around the same time as the Sun Awareness post by complete coincidence.

No comments: