Friday, April 29, 2011

On the Royal Wedding

...because as per Blogging Law (or Blaws, if you will, and I certainly encourage you not to), I'm required to make a statement. I certainly didn't intend to wake up specifically to watch the thing, but I figured, correctly so, that feeding the child would coincide with a good deal of the main action. When I got up at 3:30, I was saddened to find that my DVR had not begun to record, so I lost about a half hour of ridiculous hat coverage. Admittedly, that's 60% of why I watch formal British events, but still, I chalked it up as a loss and moved on.

Our neighbors across the street have such a large TV, we can always see when it's on and often tell what they're watching. I got a small, warm feeling of solidarity seeing their living room also ablaze with the glory of Westminster Abbey... until I realized that they're losing sleep ON PURPOSE to watch this bullshit, and I'm up whether or not I want to be (hint: I don't).

Kate's dress: lovely -- lace on top, pleats on the bottom, a vintage dream. Why on earth couldn't they have gotten married and done this dress more than three years ago? Think of the knockoffs I would have been able to get!


Hats: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Looking at you, Princess Beatrice. The best part is that I reckon it cost a small fortune.

QE2: Also lovely. I'm no hardcore royalist or anything, but can you imagine a nicer lady to be your ceremonial head of state? That is, I assume she's nice. I guess it would be even better for her to have a hidden mean streak.

This has been my shoddy Royal Wedding recap. I can now safely go back to ignoring British government until the coronation of ol' Jug Ears.

Important Update:




Update update:

No comments: