Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bad Copy of the Day -- Best of 2008 Award

Yes, it's only May, but I doubt I'll see copy this bad for the remainder of the year.

Chris and I were mulling over the thoroughly terrible neighborhood newspaper this morning, and I was half-heartedly scanning a story about some beekeepers here in the area  ("I wanna KEEP BEES...").  I had already had a small seizure over the use of the word "anti-venom" (hint:  not a word.  Try "antivenin") when I came across the small but brightly-shining gem below:

In March, their products graced the shelves of only three stores; that number has already grown to 20, and most shop owners are selling out of Busy Bee honey.  The Lechners' tireless efforts could easily be compared to the honeybees themselves, which work for 45 days straight before succumbing to exhaustion and dying.

WHAT??? That's the worst comparison I've ever HEARD!  Needless to say, I'll be making a concerted effort to send this to Jay Leno.  I have to go lie down now.

No comments: