Friday, February 16, 2007

Not in California Any More, Part 537

I got a card in the mail yesterday from Washington Mutual. When I took it out of the envelope, it looked all generic and I figured it was a stock birthday card that thanked me for keeping all my money at Washington Mutual.



When I opened it, however, I was shocked to find that it was, in fact, a hand-written birthday card that had been signed and doodled on by several of the employees from my local branch.


It just floored me. I come from a state with a population of more than 26 million people, a good number of which surely bank at Washington Mutual. This sort of shenanigan would never work in California.

Anyway, it was a nice gesture and certainly the most thoughtful thing that a financial institution has ever done for me.

1 comment:

erica said...

Wow, that kicks so much ass.
Ii bank at WaMu and they have never ONCE sent me a card.