Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Funundrum recommends

Today, Funundrum would like to recommend getting engaged at Machu Picchu. Chris managed to stow a diamond ring in a money belt for a full week before we made our way to the ancient Incan royal retreat, just so he could surprise me with it at dawn of our second day exploring the place. The morning, though foggy, was beautiful, and since we took the first bus up the mountain we had the place completely to ourselves.

We've been back home for about 24 hours, and I've fielded roughly 153 instances of the question "Why didn't you blog it sooner?" I'm deeply flattered that so many people enjoy the blog, but I guess I just didn't want to throw it up here without a picture. That, and I hadn't yet spoken to my closest friends, and it felt a bit trite to blog first. So now that I've told pretty much everyone (I know there are a couple exceptions, and I'm sorry), here's the picture. Yay!



(Moms: you may save this picture by left-clicking on it. Then when it comes up bigger, right-click and choose "Save Picture As.")

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah AUNT Liz! love, Janelle:)

erica said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!

(I must add, being afraid of heights, that picture freaks my shit out.)

Anonymous said...

Jen and I are very happy Chris pulled it off in what appears to be complete secrecy. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratuations!!

Dad and I are very happy for you two.

Love, Mom Rhein

a future mother in law

Anonymous said...

yeah1 I love you both.
the other mother-in-law