Monday, June 26, 2006

And I'm out.

This morning, I emailed Funundrum's outpost in Brisbane. I told him that Australia had a chance against Italy, no matter how small. I wanted the team to at least go down fighting.

Well, they did. After a spectacularly played 90 minutes, Italy got a penalty kick off a foul caused by an Aussie who's probably going to have to move out of the country. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Anyway, y'all did good. We'll see you in four years.

Still in the game are the following predictions from the sports experts here in Highlands Ranch:

Chris -- Argentina
Jennie -- Netherlands
Andy -- Ghana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Chance? No we completely owned them... but in the end we were beaten by the Ref, like many non-traditional World Cup countries that have been screwed by the politics and BS that is international football refereeing... (But don't take my word for it, ask ANYONE from Africa, Asia or Australiasia...)

But we showed the world, and now we all get to devote our lives to beating the Italians in everything! And I do mean everything. We're taking over their world cooking (pasta dela Oz anyone?), are crazily stroking our egos and are practicing diving and falling over anything within 10 metres....

Add that to the millions of dollars we're bound to throw at the sport now ("Who needs healthcare? We could win the world cup man!!!") and our move to the Asian league and we're going to be a thorn in the European and South American Football Associations' side until THE END OF TIME!!!

Good work to all the boys. They did themselves proud, and as for Brett Emerton, well he's been one of the star defenders of the world cup, so I'm going to make it my personal life mission to make sure he never buys another beer again...

Aussie Aussie Aussie,
Oi Oi Oi...

Anonymous said...

p.s. We're picking Brazil to win another boring final against Germany, but I'm cheering for the mother country... GO ENGLAND!!! :-)