Friday, November 04, 2005

I should have known better.

I just walked down to 7-11 to buy a phone card so I could find a hotel room in Baja for New Year's. I picked one up, handed it to the beaner behind the counter, and watched him get confused at me. But, in the end, I guess he decided that I was allowed to call Mexico after all and he sold me the card.

I took a look at it on my way out -- the damn thing was all in Spanish. For a tiny little evanescent moment, I was outraged that I didn't even get a cursory amount of Ingles. But I got over it really quickly -- I've outfoxed them at their own game, and understand their crazy backwards language. Ha.

Turns out the joke really is on me though. I got home, got all ready with a pad of paper, my phone card, and the phone, and...... all the hotels have 800 numbers for us gringos. Devil!

No comments: