Friday, November 04, 2005

Best. Typo. Ever.

I don't normally do this, but I'm going to have to re-post something that I already saw on Dave Barry's blog. It's simply the finest opening sentence typo that I've ever seen.

Pennsylvania company recalls 94,400 lbs of beef
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Quaker Maid Meats Inc. on Tuesday said it would voluntarily recall 94,400 pounds of frozen ground beef panties that may be contaminated with
E. coli....


By the time you read this, the link will be broken because someone will have caught the error, so I won't even bother. In the meantime, please feel free to conjure up one or more of the following images:

1) a big stack o' panty shaped beef patties, such as you might find at Costco.
2) someone patiently forming ground beef around their loins to fashion panties, sandcastle style.

No comments: